- Vacature: General Legal Counsel
- Plaats: Venlo
- Referentie: 20599
Shop Apotheke Europe was founded in 2001 and is currently the second largest shipping pharmacy in Europe, with more than 2 million satisfied customers in Germany, Austria and France. They have around 400 employees and provide the supply of medicines for Dutch and other European clients from Venlo and Cologne. In recent years, a strong growth has taken place, therefore there are currently 135 employees working in Venlo.
To ensure the legality of the company’s transactions and advise on legal risks. To actively manage the company’s legal exposure, protect it from legal liabilities and enable the company to take advantage of opportunities within the various legal frameworks across markets in which the company operates or plans to operate. To ensure compliance with applicable external and internal rules and regulations.
Reporting Line: Chief Executive Officer
Duties and responsibilities:
- Actively manage and oversee all legal matters, including ongoing or pending legal cases;
- Draft and administer legal contracts; conduct legal research; prepare documents for selected legal proceedings;
- Personally handle selected legal matters in The Netherlands; coordinate legal matters across countries in which the company operates or plans to operate;
- Coordinate legal due diligence in connection with M&A or partnerships transactions;
- Negotiate deals and legal matters on behalf the company;
- Select and manage engagements of external law firms;
- Establish and maintain database of all legal contracts;
- Design, implement and maintain a basic framework to ensure compliance with applicable rules and regulations;
- Draft, implement and ensure adherence with key company policies;
- Train and educate management in relevant legal matters – including code of conduct training;
- Coordinate and /or manage Public Affairs initiatives across current and future markets/countries;
- Plan and manage the legal budget, including expenses of external law firms.
- Lawyer with 10+ years experience;
- Extensive experience in contract and corporate law;
- Relevant computer skills;
- Fluency in Dutch, German and English.
- Experience with legal frameworks in health care industries and pharmacy regulations;
- M&A experience;
- Knowledge of other European languages – French, Spanish, Italian.
- Strategic thinking and business acumen;
- Entrepreneurial spirit combined with a pragmatic approach and/or solutions orientation;
- Establishment and fostering of relationships both with internal and external parties;
- Collaboration across departments through listening and influencing;
- Planning and execution combined with strong results orientation;
- Excellent negotiation as well as verbal/written communication and presentation skills;
- Analytical ability with sharp attention to detail.
Salary is in accordance with the weight of the function.